Company: Logistics Warehouse
Review Frequency: 3 years
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Original Author: Tim Jennings
Original Issue: 09-03-2021
Non-company personnel are required to conform to company food safety/hygiene polices and the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs). These include, but not limited to: visitors, regulatory authorities, outside contractors, tour groups, and employees’ family and friends.
· All are expected to practice good personal hygiene at all times.
· Hand washing is to be performed at a frequency that is appropriate and should be done any time the hands become soiled. Hands should be washed before beginning work, after using toilet facilities, eating, drinking, or otherwise soiling hands.
· Any personnel including contractors with an infectious disease, open wounds, boils or any symptoms which would put product at risk must stay out of all open food product zones. Consult Quality Assurance Manager for further guidance.
· All are to adhere to the following principles when working in or around food processing areas:
· Wear clean outer garments or uniforms. Suitable footwear is to worn in the factory environment.
· All protective clothing is to be laundered effectively on a regular basis.
· Gloves should be controlled to avoid product contamination.
· Wear effective hair restraints where applicable such as: head, beard, and mustache.
· Remove unsecure costume or hand jewelry, including watches, rings with settings, false fingernails, fingernail polish, and dangling jewelry.
· Perfume or aftershave shall be avoided by employees in contact with food products.
· Eating food, drinking beverages and chewing gum is restricted to designated areas.
· Lunches or personal effects are not to be stored or placed in production/ingredient areas.
· Personal clothing should not be hung or left lying in the processing areas.
· Personal items such as pens, pencils, or thermometers are not to be carried in pockets above the waist when employees are in production areas.
· All Band-Aids shall be replaced with company issued blue metal detectable Band-Aids while on company property.
· No smoking or chewing tobacco is allowed on company property.
· Spitting or other unsanitary acts are prohibited throughout the processing areas.
· Keep all building doors and thoroughfares closed.
· Maintenance mess and debris created during repairs or alterations shall be promptly removed: nuts, bolts, washers, welding rods, wire pieces, tape, and other small items.
· No Glass, brittle, or hard plastics are to be brought into the facility. These type of items are not to be used in the facility unless absolutely necessary.
· Avoid excessive lubrication. Grease smears and excess lubricants are to be promptly removed from equipment.
· Litter, undesirable equipment and parts, and other extraneous materials are to be placed in appropriate containers.
By signing, contractor/visitor acknowledges he understands the policies and will abide by them.
Review and verified by Tim Jennings
Copyright © 2022 Logistics Warehouse Documents - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy